Volunteers are vital to OWOS’s work both in coordinating and implementing dental camps as well as organizing fundraising activities. If you are interested in volunteering with OWOS please fill out the form below. Our current volunteer opportunities include:
- Dentists, dental surgeons, and dental assistants willing to collaborate in our dental camps are always welcome! We also offer the opportunity to simultaneously complete an internship with the BDClinic of Advanced Dentistry
Dental Camp Volunteer Description
- Assist in organization and implementation of OWOS dental camps.
- Assist with packing equipment for camp, set up and take down of camp, and logistics and coordination during the camp.
- Organize activities to engage children and communities during camps.
- Teach proper brushing and flossing techniques to children and communities during dental camps
- Contribute ideas and assist in planning fundraising events.
- Serve as an OWOS ambassador to publicize the fundraiser in the weeks leading up to the event.
- Liaise with sponsors and facilitate transport of items to event venue.
- Assist with set up, logistics, and running of the event on the day of the fundraiser.
- Conduct follow up outreach to sponsors and donors involved in the event.
- Conduct research for new sponsors and grant opportunities.
- Assist in planning dental outreach camps, fundraising events and other OWOS activities.
- Produce content for and updating social media.
- Research grant possibilities, fundraising opportunities and potential sponsorships and partnerships.
- Assist in preparation of reports, monitoring OWOS inventory and general coordination of OWOS activities.
- Reach out to thank sponsors and donors for their support and keeping key stakeholders updated on OWOS activities.
- Various other operation and administrative tasks as needed.
If you are interested in volunteering with OWOS please fill out the form below.